Baby to Toddler Month by Month follows your baby’s journey from 6 months to 23 months, by which time your child will be a running, talking toddler with attitude and character. You’ve no doubt become highly competent at looking after your baby in the first 6 months, but you will now need a whole new set of skills as you help your little one with their first mouthfuls of solid food, first steps and first words. And of course you’ll also need a few tricks up your sleeves for those first tantrums.
This book does not provide magic answers as, despite having six toddlers between them, Simone and Caroline haven’t found any. Instead Simone and Caroline will help you gain understanding and perspective of this crucial period in your child’s life. Their approach is gentle and advisory, they avoid strict instructions and instead give you the information you need to make informed decisions and feel confident you are doing the best you can for your child. Having a month by month insight into your child’s developmental changes will make their behaviour seem fascinating rather than alarming and overwhelming. Plus you only need to read a chapter a month!
This guide explains how your baby will be developing and what you can realistically expect to see each month. It covers sleep problems, feeding, development, and much more including:
- Baby-led weaning or mixed weaning? You decide – includes step-by-step guides to both methods
- Age-appropriate meal plans, finger foods and eating tips month by month
- Encouraging your toddler to walk and talk
- When to take your child to the doctor, and spotting an emergency
- Dealing with tantrums and attitude… the easy way
- Coping with hitting and biting
- Milestones – when to worry and when to wait it out
Simone Cave and Dr Caroline Fertleman are the bestselling authors of Your Baby Week by Week. Simone is a national newspaper journalist and Caroline is a consultant paediatrician, they have had six toddlers between them.