Mortimer Chocolate Company has been highly commended for a national food award for their White Couverture Powder. Here is a recipe featuring the popular product.
- 75g Mortimer White Couverture Powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 50g caster sugar
- 200ml coconut cream
- Heat the white couverture powder in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, then stir until melted and smooth.
- Mix the coconut cream with the Malibu until smooth.
- Stir the white couverture into the coconut cream.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until pale and thick.
- Then beat in the coconut mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form firm peaks.
- Beat 1 tablespoon of the egg white into the coconut mixture, then fold in the rest of the egg white.
- Freeze, preferable overnight, to allow the flavours to develop.
- Put in the fridge for 20 minutes to soften before serving.