This recipe is designed for the Tefal Vite Cuisine, but you could substitute a similar cooking tool.
- 4 fillets of salmon, skinned
- 225g basmati and wild rice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 350ml water
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander (optional)
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- grated zest and juice 1 lime
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed (optional)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- Cucumber Salas:
- ½ cucumber, peeled, halved and seeds removed
- 200 ml natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon freshly shredded mint leaves
- Line the cooking plate with cling film then dry the fish with kitchen paper and place on the plate. Mix the chilli powder, turmeric, lime rind and juice and garlic together, then spread over the fish. Set aside for 30 minutes to marinade.
- Put the rice into a large sieve, rinse under running cold water for 1 minute. Transfer to the steamer bowl, add salt and the water, then put into the basket and steam for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the cucumber add to the yogurt and mint, mix together. Season with salt and pepper
- Place the salmon fillets in the steamer then steam them for 8-10 minutes with the rice, until the fish is cooked through and the rice is tender, the timing will depend on the thickness of the fillets.
- Fork through the rice adding chopped coriander if using, then spoon onto four warmed serving plates. Place a fillet of fish on each garnishing with the sliced spring onions. Accompany with the cucumber salsa
Tip: Add some shredded green beans to the steaming basket and cook at the same time as the fish.
Choose narrow and thick salmon fillets so they will all fit on the cooking plate.