15 minutes. Makes 12
- 125g (5oz) plain flour
- 250g (9oz) Carnation Condensed Milk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 85g (3oz) margarine or butter
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 200g (7oz) icing sugar
- 55g (2oz) margarine or butter, softened
- few drops vanilla extract
- 1-2tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk
- sugar sprinkles or cake decorations, to decorate
You will also need:
- 12 hole muffin tin and muffin cases
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- Place the flour, condensed milk, egg, vanilla extract, margarine and baking powder in a bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer for 2-3 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for approximately 15-18 minutes until springy to the touch and golden brown. Cool slightly then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Beat the icing sugar, butter and vanilla with enough condensed milk to bring the mixture to a soft consistency. Spread or pipe onto the cakes. Decorate as desired.
- There are endless ways to decorate your cakes – find natural colourings, shimmery edible glitter and sprinkles in all good supermarkets and specialist cake shops.
- For a really special occasion; decorate with sugared rose petals by simply dipping fresh rose petals in egg white, dusting with sugar and leaving to dry out overnight.
- For a chocolate frosting – beat 3tbsp cocoa powder into the icing listed above.
- If you want to make smaller cakes – place fairy cake cases into bun tins – this mixture should make 15-18 fairy cakes. Bake for 10-15 minutes.