This is a really quick trifle – a real British pudding with English Strawberries and a softly set creamy vanilla filling, with Swiss roll and topped with toasted flaked almonds.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 500g punnet strawberries
- 200g (7oz) raspberry Swiss roll
- 3tbsp amaretto or sherry (or orange juice)
- 300g tub light cream cheese
- 8tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk
- 2-3tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml tub half fat creme fraiche
- 20g (¾oz) toasted flaked almonds
- Wash the strawberries. Place half the strawberries onto a board and roughly chop with a knife, then tip into a small bowl and crush with a fork until very juicy. Add the remaining strawberries to the bowl.
- Slice the cake and cut each slice in half. Divide the cake between 6 serving glasses. Drizzle half a tablespoon of amaretto over each and top with the strawberries. Beat the cream cheese with the condensed milk and vanilla. Cover the strawberries with the creamy mixture.
- Top each trifle with a good dollop of creme fraiche. Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and chill until ready to serve.