This month Phil creates the perfect treat – a fruity smoothie lolly that’s easy to make and great fun too!
Preparation time: 5 minutes, Freezing time: 4 hours, or overnight
- Lolly Ingredients
- 200g Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- 275g (10oz) fresh fruit such as strawberries
- 100ml (3fl oz) fruit juice, such as cranberry juice
- 40g (1½oz) milk or white chocolate
- 2tbsp sugar sprinkles
You will also need and ice lolly mould.
- Whiz the smoothie ingredients in a blender until completely smooth.
- Pour into the ice lolly moulds.
- Freeze until solid.
- To finish, melt the chocolate, un-mould the lollies by dipping the tray briefly in hot water and dip each lolly in the melted chocolate and then into the sugar sprinkles. Serve immediately or keep in the freezer for about 1 week.
- Add a more fruit juice to this recipe and chill down for a luscious drinkable smoothie!
- Try your own combinations – we like:
- Cranberry juice with fresh raspberries and/or strawberries
- Orange juice with fresh mango and pineapple
- Apple juice with blackberries
- You can also do layered lollies – try freezing one flavour first then top up with another flavour! Add the sticks with the second layer.