Key lime pie is made from the Key lime, a fruit indigenous to the Florida Keys that’s smaller and rounder than limes found in a grocery store. Key lime pie is the official pie of the state of Florida, and millions of slices are savored every year by visitors and locals. In this video, you can watch Kermit make the pie that made Key West famous!
This recipe makes a 9-inch pie.
Key Lime Pie recipe ingredients
- 9-inch graham cracker piecrust
- 2 14-ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks (The egg whites can be saved to make a meringue topping, if desired)
- 1/2-cup Kermit’s Key Lime Juice
How to make the Key Lime Pie
- Blend milk and egg yolks at slow speed until smooth.
- Add Key Lime juice and finish blending.
- Pour into piecrust.
- Bake in preheated 300-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool pie 20 minutes before refrigerating.
- Serve chilled Key Lime pie with whipped cream topping or meringue.
Serving suggestions for the Key Lime Pie
Traditionally, Key Lime pie is enjoyed plain, with a whipped cream topping, or with a meringue topping. For an interesting variation, drizzle chocolate sauce, mango sauce, and/or raspberry sauce over a slice of Key Lime pie. The complimentary flavors are sure to please.