Fruitful Shredded Wheat adds flavour and a great crunchy texture to these healthy muffins.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 100g Fruitful Shredded Wheat
- (80g Shredded Wheat biscuits,
- 20g Fruitful fruit mix)
- 140g self-raising flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 3tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 75ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 medium egg
- 3tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 100g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 200c/fan 180c/400f/gas mark 6.
- Lightly oil 9 cups of a muffin tin or line with muffin paper cases.
- Crumble the Fruitful Shredded Wheat biscuits with your hands.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in 55g of the crumbled Shredded Wheat biscuits, 20g of the Fruitful fruit mix and the sugar.
- Whisk together the milk, egg and oil.
- Mash the bananas and fold into the dry ingredients with the milk mixture.
- Gently mix in 75g of the blueberries. Do not over mix.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cups/cases, not quite filling them. Top with the remaining blueberries and scatter over the remaining 25g of crumbled Fruitful Shredded Wheat biscuits.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden, risen and firm. Leave for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
You can replace the blueberries with other berries such as blackberries, raspberries and loganberries.